For professionals in the solar energy industry, attending solar energy conferences and events is a great way to stay updated on the latest industry developments, network with professionals, learn about new technologies, and explore business opportunities.
10 Solar Events
- RE+ (formerly known as Solar Power International): Occuring from September 11-14, 2023, this is one of North America's largest solar energy conferences. It covers a wide range of topics related to solar energy, including technology, policy, finance, and market trends. It was developed by the industry’s leading solar energy organizations. Unlike other energy events, the proceeds from RE+ go to support the expansion of the energy industry.
- Intersolar North America: Another major event in the solar industry, Intersolar North America focuses on connecting solar professionals, manufacturers, and suppliers. It features exhibitions, conferences, and networking opportunities. There is a laundry list of reasons why exhibitors, distributors, and other solar professionals should attend, including experiencing the solar industry’s best practices for the design, installation, and maintenance of solar PV. It is an international conference, meaning that exhibitors and distributors will get exposure to thousands of professionals from around the world. The next event will be held from January 17 - 19, 2024 in San Diego, CA.
- Intersolar Europe: Held in Munich, Germany, this event is one of the world's leading solar industry exhibitions and conferences. It covers photovoltaics, solar thermal technology, and energy storage. From June 19-21, 2024, manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, service providers, project planners, and developers will gather to discuss the latest developments and trends in the sustainable energy industry, as well as meet potential customers from all over the world.
- World Renewable Energy Congress (WREC): WREC is an in-person global event that covers various renewable energy technologies, including solar. It provides a platform for researchers, policymakers, and industry professionals to share knowledge and ideas. It is held from August 25-26 each year in New Delhi, India, and aims to encourage decision-makers to reflect on both opportunities and issues within the industry of sustainability and renewable energy.
- European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EU PVSEC): This is a prominent event focused on photovoltaics in Europe. It brings together researchers, industry experts, and policymakers to discuss advancements in solar technology. This year marks the 40th annual conference, and it is the largest international conference for photovoltaic research, the latest technologies, innovations, and new concepts in the PV industry. It is to be held in Lisbon, Portugal from September 18-22, 2023.
- Asia Clean Energy Summit: Held in Singapore, this event focuses on clean energy solutions, including solar, in the Asia-Pacific region. It features conferences, exhibitions, and networking opportunities. It is themed “Clean Energy For A Clean World” and supports the region’s net zero aspirations. It also supports energy efficiency through appropriate technologies, policies, and funding. It will be held October 24-26.
- Renewable Energy India Expo: This event focuses on renewable energy solutions in India and covers solar, wind, bioenergy, and other clean energy sources. Known as REI, this expo offers an all-inclusive experience for domestic and international manufacturers, traders, stakeholders, buyers, and professionals from across the industry. This expo has also been recognized as Asia’s largest b2b expo focusing on renewable energy sources.
- Solar Power Finance & Investment Summit: If you're interested in the financial aspects of solar energy, this summit focuses on investment opportunities, financing models, and market trends. This networking event is geared toward leaders in the industry and has been known as the place where deals and connections are made. This event will be held in London in January of next year. This year’s summit brought together over 400 delegates representing funds, banks, developers, and more.
- Global Off-Grid Solar Forum and Expo: This event is focused on off-grid solar solutions, which are crucial for providing energy access to remote and underserved communities. Last year, the forum took place in Rwanda, and this year it will take place in New Delhi, India from August 23-24. GOGLA serves to build sustainable markets and bring high-quality services to areas with little to no access to electricity. These services include solar lighting, solar power, irrigation systems, cooling, and communications technology.
- National Solar Conference by the American Solar Energy Society (ASES): ASES hosts an annual conference that covers a wide range of solar topics, from technology and policy to education and outreach. They support the global initiative that an energy transition is urgently needed all over the world. This year’s conference was held from August 8-11 at the University of Colorado in Boulder, CO. Their overall goal is to transform the energy landscape for everyone.